Thursday, July 5, 2012

Redken Beats the Heat!

Ladies, I personally invite you to BEAT the HEAT this summer! Every year I fight the good fight against frizz and humidity to achieve that salon blowout on my thick, curly hair.  I was about to wave the white flag before I enlisted the help of Redken’s new Duo Shield 07 Color Protecting Gel- Cream and renovated Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow- Dry Lotion.  Both products contain Redken’s innovative Heatguard Complex to leave your locks smooth and frizz free.  This innovative forumla combines xylose sugar, ceramides and cranberry oil to strengthen, condition, and protect hair against heat damage.


The Duo shield 07 turned out to be fantastic at taming my unruly mane.  This tube of versatility fuses together a ceramide- rich gel in one chamber and a pearl cream in another, making it literally 2 products in 1.  I first used it on my damp curls which I blow dried curly.  It did a solid job of keeping my curls frizz free and soft (they did not get that crunchy, wet- look like with most gels).  The big “tell all” was when I used it to blow my hair straight and I was left gawking at the sleek, smooth finish.  The ceramide gel seemed to combat the fly always as well as any frizz for a lasting chic look.  It held it's staight form all day without so much as a crinkle or wave.
I applied the Satinwear 02 to my damp hair and couldn’t help but relish its yummy fruity scent!  After I began blow drying my hair I noticed it was drying faster and with a lot of added volume.  Even though my hair is already thick, the end result was a glossy with an enhanced voluminous finish.  Its milky texture was so lightweight that my hair maintained its body and bounce throughout the day.  Its added cranberry oil absorbed into my hair well leaving it with touchable softness.  It inspired me to get creative and I started adding it to my ends at night before bed.  It is NOT advertised as a leave in conditioner (it is heat activated) but I loved waking up to soft, manageable curls.   

These products are perfect for reviving tired tresses and are a girl’s must have weapons to beat this season’s heat!

Retail:  
Due Shield 07 Color Protecting Gel- Cream $19.00
Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow- Dry Lotion $ 18.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...