Saturday, May 18, 2013

New from MAKE: The Aether Collection




A few months back I was introduced to MAKE cosmetics and really fell in love with it.  Earlier this month the brand has launched their latest: The Aether Collection on weseebeauty.com.   Collaborating for the second time, London- based interior and furniture designer Faye Toogood and make- up artist Ayami Nishimura have created the Aether Collection, inspired by spirituality, rebalance and ceremony and designed to reflect eternal beauty.   It is the ultimate collection for giving you that fresh face look for spring, and that sun kissed, natural glow for this coming summer.  It includes a range of textures and tones to chose from including creamy warms and cold silvers, to icy whites and pearlescent glitters.    


The collection: 


 - Matte Eyeshadow ($18) in Sulfur, Warm White, Cool White, Salt Flat, Cement
Glitter Eyeshadow ($18) in Quartz, Alabaster
Glossing Powder ($22)
Face Gloss ($18)
Custom Finish Effects ($22) in Matte Dew
- Skin Illuminator ($28.50) in Skír
Luminous Lip Gloss ($18) in Flesh
Silk Cream Lipstick ($18) in Deep Flesh
- Aether Palette ($25) includes five Matte Eyeshadows, two Glitter Eyeshadows and a Silk Cream Lipstick








Skin Illuminator: $28.50

PR was kind enough to send me a few samples and I can say this collection was as impressive as the last.  The first item I tried was the MAKE Skin Illuminator in Skir.  It contains a blend of green tea and ginseng extracts which help give anti-oxidant protection while portulaca oleracea soothe and nourish your skin.  This is the perfect combination of light shimmer and spot coverage. Sometimes in the summer I opt to nix the foundation because I'm nervous of it melting off or running, but I still want something to cover and give that sun kissed effect.  This is a great alternative because you can apply it to select areas like blemishes, or use it as a highlighter to achieve that warm glow.  I applied it as a highlighter over my cheekbones, and on the area under my eyebrows before applying shadow.  The formula felt light and smooth on my skin, and lasted through the day.  Also convenient was its clever packaging.  In an easy to use click pen, it dispenses the perfect amount of liquid into the brush that you simply sweep over the area.  Impressive was the fact that it actually was the perfect amount (for me) as I  ended up only needing two clicks to to complete my look :)         







Matte Finish Eyeshadow: Cement $18.00

Next I sampled MAKE Matte Eyeshadow in Cement, which was a light charcoal gray colour.  The beauty of these shadows is that they give a nod to soft, gentle beauty.  They provide long lasting, even coverage with out making one look overdone or made up.  They're lightweight and perfect for the upcoming warm month because they won't weight heavy on your skin or smudge off in the heat.  I found it easy to blend and it was a nice contrast against the shimmer of the skin illuminator.  


As I've said in the past, I really love MAKE products and their overall collections.  And like always 33.3% of all MAKE purchases directly benefit the We See Beauty Foundation, a non- profit organization that funds women-led cooperatives in the U.S. 


Have you checked out MAKE?  What's your favorite product from the Aether Collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...