Thursday, May 30, 2013

Review: Nicole Scherzinger imPress Press On- Manicure by Broadway Nails

 

 
This post is somewhat impromptu simply because I am aware the Nicole Scherzinger imPress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails have been in stores for a while now.  But while on the train today, I was complimented on my fabulous mani.  When the hip looking girl next to me turned and inquired about their designer, I proudly dished about how they were in fact the Nicole Scherzinger press- ons.  I had a brief conversation with her in which she was surprised to learn they were not my real nails.  It got me thinking that since this was my second successful time using them, I should share a post reminding my fellow beauties of these great little treasures!
 
 

 
By My Side
 
The set I have been wearing the past six days is called By My Side (and holding strong towards day seven).  Part of her signature series, it is a flirty, brightly colored print for summer.  I love these nails because they fit snugly in the cuticles, they don't slide around, and you can even file them to change the shape of fit.  So far they have decent durability, but since the polish on them is real, their edges have chipped just ever so slightly. 
 
As for application, it took me less then 10 minutes.  I simply sized each nail, then placed out on the table.  Each set comes with a prep pad, which I used to cleanse each nail, thoroughly.  Next, I removed the plastic backing of each fake nail, placed it to my natural nail and held it firmly in place for 15 seconds.  Personally, I feel this is where most people go wrong  (if it turns out they don't have as much luck with these nails).  The adhesive sets within the first few seconds and continues to set for the next several minutes.  Therefore, its best to have pressed them firmly in place when first applied.
 
 
 
 
Retail: $8.99
 
I love these nails because they're quick, they're easy, and totally trendy.  I know the line now includes press-on pedicures, which I have yet to try.  But if they're anything like the manis, they're certainly worth a try!
 
Check availability here
 
 

7 comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest
  1. They are very cute! When I was younger the brand Lee had press on nails and they never stayed on my nails. I would get them on and then they would just pop off. I may have to try this brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. def! I have had such good luck with these, they're great of you don't feel like making weekly trips to the salon. Thanks for stopping by!! xo

      Delete
  2. I have used these too, and I love how quick you can get beautiful designs and patterns! The animal print looks very nice! I am a new follower from the brightside beauty hop :)

    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these are probably my fav ones. So quick and easy, and real looking (IMO) Thanks for the follow!! Heading over now to check out your site :) xo

      Delete
  3. LOVE the Impress nails! Great wear time and they have great designs and colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that lol Def a fun detail for any outfit and every occasion. Thanks for stopping by!! xo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...