Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: butter LONDON Bespoke Colour Cosmetics

 
I've been trying out a bunch of new makeup this fall and I'd say butter LONDON's Bespoke Colour Collection has hit the nail on the head.  Launched earlier this fall, it introduces products like WINK Mascara (6 Shades, $20 each), WINK Cream Eye Shadow (6 Shades, $18 each), WINK Eye Pencil (6 Shades, $18 each), LIPPY Tinted Balm (6 Shades, $20 each), and CHEEKY Cream Blush (4 Shades, $20 each). Along with the new cosmetics, five new Nail Lacquer shades ($15 each) will also be added to butter LONDON’s famous collection of nail lacquer. 
 
PR kindly sent me the Cheeky Cream Blush in Honey Pie, Wink Colour Mascara in Brown Sugar, and Wink Eye Pencil in Pistol Pink.  One thing I love about butter LONDON is they think about the whole package.  The brand considers everything from the sassy names of each color, the quality of the product, right down to the adorable box its wrapped up in. And I must say, the packing was super cute! 
Each box had a soft, black matte finish with florals going up one side, with a pale blue and more lovely florals on the insides. 
 
 
 
 
Cheeky Cream Blush in Honey Pie
 
 


I really liked this blush because it was warm, natural looking shade that blended well with my natural pink undertones.  The texture was very creamy but blended into a lightweight, matte type of texture.  It was nice because it was so light on my skin, but still heavily pigmented.  Of the many cream blushes I've tried lately, this is one of my favorites.  It stayed in place throughout my day without smudging or fading off. 
 
 
 
Wink Eye Pencil in Pistol Pink
 
 
 
For those like myself who just can't resist that pop of colour pink, this eye pencil is a fantastic find. Again, its very highly pigmented but doesn't weigh heavy on the skin.  Its a vibrant shade which makes it perfect for those days when you're feeling fun and flirty.  The directions state to blend immediately after application because it sets within the first 30 seconds.  I was impressed to see that it did in fact remain in place very shortly after application without smudging (I tested it with my finger).  I found it easy to apply also.  The formula feels somewhat gel-like and glides on smoothly.  
 
 
 
 Wink Colour Mascara in Brown Sugar

This is ideal for any girl searching for the ultimate smudge proof mascara.  No where on the box did I read "water proof" but this one certainly is because it took me quite a bit of elbow grease to remove it.  That being said, its great for those who may head straight to the gym after work, or have a laundry list of errands to do and don't want to slip into those less then sexy raccoon eyes while running around all day.  Surprisingly, I found myself partial to the chocolate brown colour.  While I usually favor "blackest black" I liked the subtle yet eye catching intensity it gave. 


 
 
Have you tried anything butter LONDON's Bespoke Collection?  Do you see any that have peeked your interest??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...