Sunday, December 22, 2013

BeautyBox5 December Box

 
Hello darlings, its time to reveal the fabulousness of this month's BeautyBox5!
 
 
 
Its so funny how such a small box can bring me such excitement each month.  BeautyBox5  is monthly subscription that delivers five select beauty samples straight to your doorstep through a choice of subscription options including: $12.00/month, $30.00/quarterly or $99.00/ yr. 
 
This month's theme was Good Girl Gone Bad? and as a part of the official BeautyBox5 review team, I received the items complimentary in exchange for my thoughts and like last month, this month's box was a lot of fun.   
 
 
 
 
NYX Love in Rio: Sway with Lola 
Retail: $6.00
 
Undoubtedly, I was drooling in anticipation of last month's sneak peek at the NYX Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palette.  NYX is one of my favorite brands because its great quality and pretty affordable. When I pulled out the Love in Rio: Sway with Lola trio I was a little surprised at the color combo since they seemed a little beachy.  After a little research, I learned the palette was part of NYX's Spring launch.  They have a velvety texture that  glides right on.  Like many of NYX's shadows, they're nicely pigmented and leave you with really smooth, even coverage.  One element I liked in particular is that they're mostly matte, but with a hint of shimmer.  They create a softer, more natural effect (my preference) but with the right liner and gloss, can be amped up for a more sultry effect.         
 
 
 
 
 
Ofra Cosmetics: Sultry Lipgloss Plumper
Retail: $12.95
 
Speaking of glosses.. :D Ofra's Sultry Lipgloss Plumper is ideal for topping off your look with the perfect pout.  The texture of this gloss was quite unique.  It wasn't gooey or sticky like other glosses and its sheen is more subtle.  Instead, it is a little thicker and very heavily pigmented.  I loved wearing it because the rich, maroon-like color is perfect for the holiday season, with bits of gold shimmer, and it stayed put without smudging off.  It is supposed to come with a tang of mint flavor, (although I didn't taste any) and is supposed to help plump lips.  I didn't think mine necessarily looked any fuller, but the way the texture went on allowed me to achieve clean definition, which looked nice.  
 
 
 
 
 
Clean & Clear Morning Bust Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
Retail: $6.99
 
Truthfully, I have not used any Clean and Clear products since probably high school or college.  But I think it's time to revisit its isle in the drugstore!  I haven't been so pleasantly surprised with a product in a long time.  Not only does this little guy smell totally delish, (like sweet cucumber) but feels soo heavenly on your skin.  The gel is water based and blended with cucumber and green mango extract, making it safe for all skin types. My dry skin tends to be sensitive, and this felt so cool and soothing on it.  Whether its morning or night, this is a surefire way to add moisture to thirsty skin.     
 
 
 
 
Body Drench Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Retail: $8.99
 
Another one of skin's must have thirst quenchers!  A combination of aroma therapy and moisturizer in one, this hemp lotion offers a nice reprieve for tired skin.  It is emollient rich with a creamy, soothing texture.  It penetrated the cracked skin around my knuckles, without burning it, and helped calm it.  This is a great winter add to your purse for daily use.  It will keep your hands baby soft through these harsh months without leaving behind any greasy residue.   
 
 
 
The Every Beauty Flexible Foot Smoother
Retail: $4.99
 
 
 
I was happy to see this was a recipient of Beauty At Its Best Awards in 2012 and was eager to try it.  Its dermabrasion coating is designed to remove rough, dry cracked skin on feet, knees and elbows. It has two textures to work with: one side is coarse and the flip side is fine.  This product was difficult for me to test because at the moment I don't have any areas dry enough to need tending to.  But from handling it thus far I can say for the record its definitely firm, but flexible and easy to work with.  I look forward to having this on hand for the summer when the constant sandal wearing and running around barefoot starts to tear up my feet.
 
That's it for December my lovelies, check back for the January box preview! 
 
 
Are you interested in subscribing to BeautyBox5?      
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...